Thursday, April 16, 2009

You're Exactly my Brand of Bic Pens

I guess it seems like a pretty peculiar thing to ask,
But I feel obligated with our mutual interest and all.
You write poems, the kind that make a girl swoon.
I write stories, the kind that make you reassess your "morals".

It's not invasive, I promise. Just an inquiry for my benefit.
I already know your daily grind--squint, pout, inquire.
Make this interrogation less tedious and answer me--
When you pour out your heart and soul, is it in pencil or pen?

It sounds mediocre, I know, but there's meaning behind it.
I can tell the type of person you are by the utensils you use.
Just like you can read between the lines of symbolism,
I'll tell you everything there is about who you truly are.

If you're a pencil kind of person, you are precise and cautious.
A step forward could just as easily be a step back in your mind.
Mistakes aren't easily identifiable with an eraser in hand.
You can hide them before anyone else sees what you've done.

But with pens, you must be spontaneous and adventurous,
Never caring of the outcome of what may be a bad move.
Living life is not an option for you, but an obligation to fulfill.
Whatever happens happens, and your philosophy is set in stone.

I can respect your conception on whether I'm erratic or rational.
This is just something that aids my analysis on your suitability.
Either you can sipher this in pen and go forth with my inquiry,
Or erase this in your mind and pretend like I never happened.

Don't try and be sneaky if you're using that pen for this poem.
I'm not easily forgettable; in the end, you'll just scratch me off.
Just another lottery ticket with no prize, no dollar redemption.
That's why I prefer pencil--you'd just be a faded memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment