Monday, June 22, 2009

VIP Passes Never Sounded So Sweet

I've never been good at waiting in line.
Never for something I've wanted so badly.
Occasionally, I'd let someone skip me,
The courteous kind, but not with you.

You were different, you were something
That even if I stepped out to get popcorn,
I had a feeling that the wait would be
More than worth what I had paid for.

I guess that's the reason for all this.
I've created a mess of my own fault.
My selfishness once again the cause to
Argue, to forget, to live without this.

I didn't think you'd ever get to the
Point in my thoughts so vitally thought
Of that you'd seep into my fingers.
You're all that's on my mind for now.

It's the pattern of weather that nears
Every time a hurricane forms offshore,
The tropics just giving me an excuse
To build up my heart for the heavy winds.

I want to hesitate, but I don't want
To wait for you to come around anymore.
It's caused a one-sided battle between
Two best friends. What have you done?

So I'll give you all the time you need
To answer the letter I never got to send.
I don't expect a response anytime soon.
But don't keep me at my mailbox forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment