Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Feel

I feel dangerous.
It's an emotion that usually passes by me,
avoiding, veering through other available paths.
I avoid all confrontation and adventure.

I feel suppressed.
By everyone and everything that surrounds me.
You've pinned me down during Left For Dead 2,
and you've left me for dead, too.

I feel anxious.
I'm not what you want me to be anymore,
letting you down was never my intention.
What am I supposed to do to make you proud?

I feel paralyzed.
You know my circumstances, hopes and dreams.
It is pointless to attempt to dissuade me now.
Don't stand in my way, I'll walk right through you.

I feel confident.
A little too confident, I guess you could say.
Too confident because all I get is the letdown.
I thought I deserved better than this.

I feel grown.
Not quite the person who woke up yesterday.
Because after all that has happened to me
I will change to make this better because I'm tired.

I feel exhausted.
Exhausted of your words, your lies, your hate.
Your disappointment, my disappointment, my faults.
I'm just tired of not doing anything about it.

I feel...different.

No comments:

Post a Comment