Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cinderella

I've always been the kind of girl
to see those sappy movies and wish
I had my own prince to fawn over.

Now that I've been rejected of my
petition for some company, I despise
such far-fetched fairytales.

Then you came along and made everything
right again, as if the world had been
designed for you to redeem it.

But you need to convince me that all my
superstitions can be dismissed as my
exhausting and unreasonable lack of optimism.

Remind me that there once was a
Romeo and Juliet, a love strong enough to
keep looking to live and to die for.

Remind me that after a sunset there is
always a sunrise because those hours in
the dark are hard to get through alone.

Remind me that even when it rains,
two people can still find love in the
dark clouds that hover above them.

Remind me that I don't need a
poet to realize that there's still a
little magic left in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment