Friday, January 16, 2009

Claritin Clear.

Tangled in the sheets of a dream some other girl is living,
I lay here, entrapped by these four solid, unbreakable walls,
wanting you more than I ever thought was possible.

Wrapped up in the words of your sweet poetry,
I sit here, captured by your melodic lies, by your bittersweet cliches,
waiting for you to realize that I'm here for you and only you.

How long must it take for you to take a step outside
of the perfect world you live in for a brief sense of reality?
There's too much out here for you to miss. To miss out on me.

But I can't help it if you're hardheadedness gets in the way
of thinking clearly. Darling, there's no medication for that,
no "Claritin clear" to rid you of your cloudiness.

I can't resist the temptation to just sit here and wonder, wonder how I fell for you.
Wonder why I still stick around when there's no hope left for "us."
Wonder how I could ever think there could've ever been an "us."

But don't take these words too close to heart, as they are just
a matter of my own opinion. It's never counted too much.
Just remember me when you're writing that new poem of yours.

Because I've never forgotten what it feels like to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment