Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Can You Regret Wanting What You Still Don't Have?

Slip into a trance-like state.
Lose me to a blank letter
That might mean more to me
Than you ever could.

It'll show more affection
Than you could accumulate
From your "relationships."
I don't have the right to this.

I'm calling you out on my
Own problems, all your fault.
But I won't back down from it.
It's all your fault again.

I'll put down my pen like you
Put down my feelings.
But don't forget how you felt
When she left you with nothing.

Forget it, I'm done with you.
For months you've gotten
Under my skin and I don't
Feel myself anymore.

I'm infuriated by you, I think.
Is it just a temporary storm,
Or will it hover just like
The luck of eight shattered mirrors?

Maybe the blame doesn't fall
On your shoulders, where I say
It does, maybe it's just all on me
For ever realizing you exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment