Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Perks of Masochism

It’s like reverse psychology.
A mistake is made, I blow up.
With ease, you turn it on me.

How do you get away with it?
How can you do this to me?
How do you make it look so easy?

I become instantly miserable,
A reaction uncontrolled
In this Chemistry experiment.

Don’t play with my emotions
Just to prove that you can.
We all know how you work.

I’m just a time bomb,
Waiting for the perfect moment
To cause a scene, a tragedy.

They call me crazy for this.
Going crazy over you, of course.
They don’t know what it’s like.

It’s like watching your favorite soap.
You always criticize the dumb one
For crying over a break up.

Screaming at the television,
You tell her getting back with him
Is the biggest mistake of her life.

But you aren’t in her shoes.
You don’t feel what she feels.
She unknowingly walks on cloud 9.

You are still here on Earth.
You can’t discover the wonders there.
But you blame her misery on her actions.

It’s not something you can help.
Trust me, I’ve tried.
And it’s worth it, I know.

It’s worth crying your eyes out
And ruining the perfect party.
Because the after party is better.

You come for the party.
But no one ever stays for it.
You stay for the rush afterwards.

It’s a form of masochism.
Except it has more perks.
It’s so much more rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment