Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Welcome Back, Stranger

Cancer does a lot to someone’s appearance.
Everyone can see the new wrinkles you wear,
The hint of sparkle in your eyes you once had,
That is lost, lost with your identity.

I can’t help but realize how it wore you down.
Now you don’t have the motivation anymore.
It’s harder to get out of this bed nowadays.
What is your motivation, anyways?

But you don’t realize the truth of this lacking.
Your lack of strength is just a renewal of hope.
It’s the reason I can still get up every morning,
Even when I know things can fall apart.

It’s a light, guiding those without that hope
To find a reason for the pain you went through,
A victim to avenge, a suspect to get revenge.
All in the efforts of your losses.

Sure, it’s at your expense, but look at it now.
Look at how many people you have changed.
Look at me, and how I’m still holding on.
Hold on, because we’ll hold on with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment