Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dirty Laundry

Days have gone by since I've moved from this spot.
Alone on my bed, the ceiling fan mesmerizes me,
as do your eyes, as I stare, content with the time
never moving past now, stuck at five past two.

But my closet stays open, calling for me to wake up.
Wake up and realize, the time spent looking in your eyes
is wasted time, useless while my dreams disintegrate.
Tell me it's too late to go back, no time to erase mistakes.

These are mistakes not even Wite Out can correct.
The stains on this tshirt are too much for OxiClean.
They'll accumulate until they've become one with the fabric.
Mistakes that become who I am, never to be forgotten.

One of these days I'll pick myself up, decide that my
mistakes are too much of who I am, I can be better.
I promise I can be better, and you know I'll stay true.
One of these days I'll decide it's time to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment