Friday, March 6, 2009

Endurance

*Found this on my MySpace blog. Sort of forgotten, but I love it.

Can you fix me?
The doll on the shelf, her stuffing hanging out.
The guitar in the corner, three strings broken.
Repair the damage
before the foundations crumble at our feet.
We are the factors.
Are you the cause?
I can't distinguish between the two anymore.
Just blurred figures in my peripheral vision.

Pick up the pieces
Multitask; break them, too.
I've seen it all done before. You're nothing new.
Your lies are cliches, the movie played too many times.
The song overplayed on the radio.
Make sure to water the plants
before they dry out, too.
My temperature rises with your temper.
I'm sick of you.

But maybe, just maybe,
I'll give you a second chance.
Can you pick up the slack
for the years of your worthless killings?
I'm indecisive on you trustworthiness.
But I'll fall just one more time.
Just make sure you catch me
before the world opens upand swallows us both.

The hell we must endure
proceeding your wrongdoings
is nothing compared to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment